Saturday, 2 November 2013

A no show for Indian new year

While India goes silly on fire crackers and wizz popping rockets, sparklers and other dangerous artillery
I will be safely in doors tonight tucked up with my book and yarn and tarot cards, little hands and small explosives not a good mix!
It's Hindu New Year and a good practitioner of this celebration will prepare weeks before and have the house sparkling clean by now to usher in the luck, I guess that means I best not participate as my house is in shambles, so too is the gallery that has seen for almost 2 weeks a sweet group of Canadians and Dutch travellers create a home away from home around the zen tables.
 My messy worlds are a familiar decoration, shop dishes, home dishes await me tonight.
And maybe on a night like this going by the amount of fire works for sale to anyone with a ruppee or two, this is a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. "sold to any one.." I love it! 3 year olds, 9 year old boys stockpiling...

    I remember arriving in Delhi on the eve of Diwali. The front page picture of the newspaper - in true Indian style - was a dead man slumped over his fireworks truck that had blown up. Diwali, magical and wonderful and so un-nerving all at the same time.

    My post today has a fil review I think you would enjoy.

    Much love sweet soul sister, kt xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for brightening my day with your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...